Programme summary of Armenian Public TV “Haylur” news 1700 gmt 4 Jun 12
BBC Monitoring International Reports – Thursday, June 7, 2012
Presenter Kristine Melkonyan
2. 0202 US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived in Armenia on a working visit on 4 June. Armenian Foreign Minister Edvard Nalbandyan met her at Zvartnots airport.
3. 0252 Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan met Hillary Clinton in Yerevan to discuss Armenian-US ties. (See a separate report)
4. 0617 Hillary Clinton held a joint news conference with the Armenian foreign minister. A detailed report will follow later in the news bulletin.
5. 0637 The Armenian president will leave for Japan on a working visit on 5-7 June. On 8 June, Sargsyan will visit Vietnam.
6. 0731 Under Armenian president’s decree, Edvard Nalbandyan, Armen Yeritsyan and Seyran Ohanyan have been re-appointed as foreign, emergencies and defence ministers respectively.
7. 0753 Armenian Defence Ministry issued a statement saying that Azerbaijan had “flagrantly” violated the cease-fire on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border, trying to advance towards Tavush Region’s villages, as a result of which three Armenian servicemen were killed and six wounded. Due to retaliatory actions by the Armenian side, the Azerbaijani advancement was thwarted and Azerbaijani troops had to retreat, sustaining losses, the report says.
8. 0907 Armenia’s Military Prosecutor Gevorg Kostanyan reports by phone from Chinari village, saying that the incident on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border was a result of actions undertaken by Azerbaijani troops.
9. 1019 A delegation headed by Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan is on a visit in Belgium. Representatives of the Armenian Economy Ministry and Belgian IBA Molecular company signed a cooperation agreement, according to which medical equipment worth 2.5m euros would be provided to Armenia’s oncological centres. Tigran Sargsyan also visited the Centre for European Policy Studies, where he delivered a speech on Armenia’s European integration. Later, the Armenian delegation attended political assembly of the European People’s Party.
10. 1429 Sociologist Aharon Adibekyan spoke at a news conference about a sociological survey conducted in Azerbaijan ‘s breakaway Nagornny Karabakh ahead of the presidential election in the region. According to the survey, more than half of the population assesses the situation in the region as “good” and about 70 per cent of the interviewed expect socio-economic issues to be resolved by future president. Adibekyan said that “positive migration” was being observed in the region, with 500-550 people returning to Karabakh every year.
11. 1600 Ramkavar Azatakan and Armenakan Ramkavar Azatakan parties announced their union under the name of Ramkavar Azatakan Armenia party.
12. 1713 Member of the ruling Republican Party of Armenia Mkrtich Minasyan spoke about the work of the newly-elected parliament at a news conference.
13. 1901 Armenian Police Deputy Chief Artur Osikyan was awarded for his contribution to police reform, especially regarding improvements to the police educational system, at the Universal Rights Awards Ceremony at the US embassy in Yerevan with the participation of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Video shows Osikyan speaking.
14. 2034 Report on fines introduced for violations of traffic rules in Armenia.
15. 2330 Armenian Public TV presenter will interview Armenian Police Road Patrol Department chief Norik Sargsyan at 1930 gmt today.
16. 2341 Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan spoke about beautification works in centre of Yerevan.
17. 2519 Foreign news: Nigeria, Syria, Iraq, Egypt.
18. 2801 Report on an Armenian monument in Boston’s Armenian Park made by Romanian Armenian Aurelyan Martiros.
19. 3227 Report on an exhibition of French Armenian artist Jean Kazanchyan in Los Angeles.
20. 3625 Report on a joint news conference of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Armenian Foreign Minister Edvard Nalbandyan. (see a separate report)
21. 4009 Sport.
22. 4300 Presenter signs off.
Original Language: Armenian
Section: Azerbaijan , Armenia and Georgia
Index Terms: ARMENIA ; PROGSUM ; DOMESTIC POLITICAL
Original Source: Public Television of Armenia, Yerevan
Record Number: 13F42356C387DAB8
Source: Public Television of Armenia, Yerevan, in Armenian 1700 gmt 4 Jun 12